I was in Guatemala 3 years ago meeting my baby for the first time, how quickly he grows and changes. He is fun growing strong, potty trained, and funny. I think he will be a class clown since he loves to make people laugh. We joined soccer for the first time this summer, he had a blast! I think we will sign up for swimming this fall.
He is such a joy to be around, i miss him while i go to work and count the minutes till i can be with him again. I know that he was made to be my child, i love him and cannot image my life without him. I have been thinking of adding to our little family since he came home. I wanted to wait for the right time, some days life felt perfect with just US. other days it seemed like someone little was missing. Emilio woke up one morning and just started talking about his sister that he dreamt about like she was always here. I was also having dreams about adding a sibling. I started to pray and say ok, is this what im suppose to do.
Emilio kept talking about his little sister, and tried to take home a little girl when he was out with my parents. Well while i was listening to Emilios favorite son "just havent met you yet" by Michael buble I knew it was time to adopt again and this time for a sister. It was right for my little family. I know that some things that i have planned will have to change, like expensive vacations, private schools, but i will make it work. I do not need the latest coach purse, or the fancy clothes, that has never been important to me. Buying the latest gaming system or fancy Flat screens will not be in my house. I have been very blessed with supportive friends and co workers that pass down clothes and toys. My family is wonderful too. My dad has been having a hard time with the addition of another little one, but is coming around.
The waiting process is hard, the changes to process make life stressful, but i think back to Emilio. The first time i saw him he was wearing an outfit that i sent him that i had to keep, it had a saying on it " precious in his sight. "( i would post a copy but broke my camera), but it was perfect, he was perfect, he had me laughing with all his baby talk, he was wonderful, and he was ment to be my family. It was difficult to leave but i knew that i would be back and we would go home as a family.
When i think about leaving him this time around for the 2 trips i start panicing. I dont want to be without him. I dont want to leave him one time, but 2 trips are very scary to me. But I think back to how strong this little man is, and how i did 2 trips with him. I will do it since i know he will be fine with my parents and family. I know i am suppose to go to Ethiopia and meet my daughter I dream about the trip alot. It is something that i will do to make my little family complete.
Well happy anniversary my little man. How quickly time goes by you grow and make me and your birth mom very proud. You are a joy to be around, and i am a proud mommy of a little one from Guatemala. You are going to be a wonderful big brother. love you more then you will ever know, you are the best thing ever and dont you ever forget that. love mom
No comments:
Post a Comment