Sunday, January 24, 2010

Trying to reclaim my room

Well I had big dreams when I moved in here. This room was going to me my master suite! I painted the 1960 neon green walls a nice pale mint green, pick out all this pink and red stuff, planned the room out. When it came to move in my box spring did not fit up the stairs. Ahhhh. I was forever in a 1O x10 room. Well dad brought over my childhood furniture for my extra room for mom to stay when I was bc (before child). I hate that 1970 princess bedtoom set. I never wanted it in this house. The stuff just haunts me! I have even given it away and the stuff came back!!! Well I found a local place with the split box spring. I now have to get the main floor ready for another child so I am going to reclaim my upstairs master suite. I am on a mission. Well I have not put the dormers on like I wanted, my master bathroom and walkin closet is a dream of the past. But hey, my dreams have just changed a lil to include not one but 2 lil people for now. Maybe when they move into college dorms I will just move to hawaii! Look even the toys have taken over here!!! Ahhh I cannot get away from the toys! But I still love this room!!

1 comment:

Ruthanne said...

Go for it!! I had a room just like that when I lived in Columbus. I LOVED it! I had to get a split box spring also. I had no heat up there and had to put clothes ON before I went to bed but I LOVED that room. :)