Saturday, January 23, 2010

The journey begins again.......

A new look for a new day. I have decided to sign with an agency for a second adoption. I have been on the fence for a while. Thought that I would start again some time last year then all the stuff with my job quickly changed my mind. I have been doing some research on and off since October. There was a time that I called agencies last year and they were holding on taking any more singles on at the time or their wait lists were at 2 years long.
Then a couple of weeks ago I just decided out of the blue to call IAN, international adoption net, and to see if they were taking on any singles applications and to my surprise they were. That got me thinking. I had been having dreams of adopting again but it turned out that I had 3 boys in the dreams and I woke up frantic each time! Not 2 more.!!
Then one evening I had a dream that I was in Africa by my self, 2 lil brothers ran up to me and were going to hug me, they stopped and said nope sorry, not mommy, then a lil girl ran up to me gave me a big hug and said mommy. She then took me inside to show me her bed area. I said ok, maybe a sign.
Emilio and my parents were at one of his favorite resturantes and he started to tell the waitress about his sister giselle. When I got home he repeated the entire thing.
It was time, maybe it is just hormones. But it was time! So here we go again. My dad is mad at me and does not want me to do it. I signed, and paid, sorry! No turning back now. I hope that he gets some faith in my ability to do this all again. That was very disappointing how he reacted. But I was never one to do as my father wanted. I guess like when I took a year off of college, he never thought I would go back. Just to show him I could I did go back!
Well off to organize some more out with all the baby boy clothes. I guess no need for them now!

1 comment:

Greta Jo said...

WoW! Thats great news. I can not wait to travel your journey with you...
I am hoping Guatemala opens its doors real soon to adoption applications.