Monday, January 19, 2009

Savings it is a start

Well I have had a hard time finding a store that does double coupon. The grocery store a block from the house only doubles coupons up to .90cents. Well I did find a super kmart the next town over that doubles coupons up to $2. (They will not take internet coupons). They also will not double coupons to equal total price of item to make it free.:(
I did end up buying things not on my detailed list like energy saving lined curtains and some shirts for Narlin the child I started to sponsor in guatemala. But these items too were marked down!

The best deals that I got
Rice krispies .25 cents
Special K cereal .50 cents
And with the rice krispies had $1 off marshmellows I bought a bag of marshmellows for $1.79 and the cashier doubled the coupon anyway!!! Well yippeee!
Well I was going to try walgreens by the house since I see my friend bethany finding great sales but the snow was coming down and emilio fell asleep. Next time.

1 comment:

Bethany said...

It sounds like you had a great savings shopping day! I wish that I could get 50 cents cereal. I'd buy a TON of it!

My list of favorite stores are: Publix, Kroger, Walgreens, and CVS. My two grocery stores only double coupons up to 50 cents. But, Publix takes competitor coupons, so it helps out a bunch.

You have to stick to your list in order to get the best deals. It's been the hardest thing for me. I have even stopped going into Super Target and Wal-Mart because I get sucked in! It gets easier because I have stockpiled my pantry. I buy multiples when it goes on sale and then I have more money to play with for other things. I have also stopped being such a picky eater. For instance, I used to despise frozen veggies, but when they are FREE, frozen veggies taste just fine!