Well this has been a wild ride with this adoption. It has been a year and 1/2 waiting for a referral and now 120+ days waiting for my file to be signed off. I can not proceed with my adoption without finding out first if the the child that i was referred is even adoptable. The process of adoption is not all rainbows and unicorns. IF you only want to see that side of adoption please do not read any further on this blog.
PLEASE DO YOUR OWN RESEARCH on the ever changing process of adoption. Ask the questions that you know are hard to answer, ASK and keep asking until you get an answer. I have started researching since before adopting Emilio and I am still doing it. ASK others adoptive families with your agency and with other agencies. ASK!!!!!!
Dont let others tell you I only want to hear the good side and not the bad. Adoption is a emotional and physical rollercoaster. If anyone tells you it needs to all be sunny, SORRY, life is not all sunny and happy. Life is HARD, my work as a nurse is HARD, my adoption had been really HARD. I have found wonderful adoption families that support me and I love them so much. I have my single adoptive mommy friends, others with my agency and others from my daily life. I dont know what i would do without their support. Their support has been a life saver. I have needed it in the 120+ days of living in limbo.
There are true angelic heros that walk amoung us. These heros have help my child greatly very recently. I can nerver say how greatful I truely am for their kindness and generosity. I cannot talk about this in detail at this time. But When i travel I will be paying it forward.
No comments:
Post a Comment