Wednesday, March 10, 2010
The wild ride of adoption
I am no pro at this, the stress or process. Even though this is my second adoption the process is in constant change. I learned it the hard way with the process for Guatemala. When I first started with my first agency the entire process time was "4-6 months". I will not even talk about the added costs with redoing paperwork seals ahh what a mess it was. I think my entire stomach was one huge ulcer by the end of it all. It ended up taking me about 14 months for it all. There was a lot of bumps in the road, with rumors and new rules. I think the rumors were the worst. Just not knowing things were going to change and the stress of the hage shutting down the entire process was very difficult to deal with. So far with this second journey things are changing fast. I try to avoid the rumors since most add up to nothing. I try to keep positive and keep moving forward. I know that I have a daughter in Ethiopia. I know one day she will be here in my little house and part of my family. I will jump through any hoop they want me to, get what ever I have to do to prove that I am dedicated to this process and bringing home sister. Today I found out that I have to do a second trip to Ethiopia. Ok do-able. I won't sweat the money I won't sweat the extra trip, I won't sweat being away from Emilio 2 times , I cannot sweat the small stuff. I look at one obstacle at a time. I'm still working on the dossier. I just keep moving forward...... (Got that from my fav cartoon meet the robinsons).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
One step at a time. That is the best thing to do.
Keep moving forward is right! Wow, I can't believe how fast the rules for Ethiopia are changing...I guess though nothing should surprise us! Hang in there!!
Post a Comment