Saturday, November 7, 2009

Starting over .....

Well anyone that knows me knows how I am with money. I don't have to have name brand or the most Expensive items. I'm simple and that how I was raised. My child does not have everything that he wants, and will never feel material items make the person. we definitely do not have the biggest house (less than 700 sq feet on main level) or fancy car (less than $15,000 new).
I do live very comfortably on my salary and buy what I want usually when I want it. I still have the first couch I ever bought when I moved to chicago after college. I bought a custom made ikea sofa with fabric that we had picked out.(How exciting). Some friends have called me "cheap" at times for buying off the clearance rack or what was on sale. My house is filled with stuff from ikea, thrift stores, and things that have been given to me. I do not live in debt, I pay off what I buy. I was shocked when I realized I have been living a "GREEN" life for a long time.
Well I have been tired of my wonderful ikea sofa for some time now. So I found a wonderful sofa cover at Target and yes it was on sale. I now have a new sofa. It is GREEN too. I have been in my house for 6 years now and what worked In my apartments is just not working in my little house. Storage has been a big issue in this house since I have moved in. So I'm on a new GREEN mission. To find good storage options that fit what I need. I'm slowly doing over the living room. My curtains are new energy saving type since my windows are HUGE!!! I found a hand made cabinet for my front entrance made by hand from old recycled wood. I fell in love with it! I will pick it up tomorrow. It is also GREEN it cost a lot of GREENS too. But it was well worth it.
Meeyo on his new sofa, the throw pillows are the print of my old sofa. They will also have a make over soon.

No comments: